Critique my i5 750 build please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes and no. The higher quality parts you have the higher over-clock you can reach. So over-all building your own is still better if you want to overclock.

I did a bit more shopping and updated a few selections. This is what I currently have:

Case: NZXT Lexa Blackline
I came across this and like it even better than my original pick.

PSU: Corsair CMPSU 750TX
$90 after rebate and looks like a good PSU.

Mobo: Biostar Open Box P55
Cheap, OCable, got decent newegg reviews, and if I crossfire it wont limit my second card to x4.

Processor: i5 750 (with a Sunbeam for cooling)

Memory: 4gb G Skill
Switched to this after folks here pointing out potential problems with my original pick.

Graphics Card: Sapphire 5850 with MW2

Hard Drive: Western Digital 640 gb
Based on a recommendation here

Optical Drive: HP multi-drive

I also have a tube of Arctic Silver 5 in my cart - I will need that right?

$1,100.39 total (after rebates). Am I getting a solid system for that price?

Hmm I didn't even pay attention to the socket type on the CPU cooler (never purchased an aftermarket one before). What are other good cooling solutions for the processor I'm using?

Edit: Maybe this Cooler Master for instance?

Thanks again for all the feedback here. I "pulled the trigger" a few hours ago and placed my order through newegg.

Slaymate, I took your advice both regarding the paste and the mobo. I guess I had just heard of Arctic Silver because it's more commercial, but the Tuniq was a better idea. I also spent an extra $40 on a mobo that wasn't open box after reviewing newegg's open box policy more closely. A few extra bucks to ensure quality just seemed like the right thing to do.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom