Video VPU Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh really! i was under the impression it was a new graphics card to you... hmm then that is wierd..

yeah, the system in my sig is about 18 months old.

I wipe the primary drive every year, and reinstall. And it began a few months after that. It was happening alot a few weeks ago, so i wiped it and reinstalled, it still happens but alot less.

I still dont know what to do. I am thinking its time to get a new card.

does it only happen in some games and not others?? cause i only had that problem in UT2k4. i had the vpy recover happen the other day in this stupid little game thing, but i closed the program/game and opened again and it was fine. i think that time it was because i had too many things running, i may not have enough ram, not sure. im not exactly sure what you mean by the agp/pci thing but i would imagine you would want it to be agp first. my comps been doin good so i havent fooled around in bios for a while. ill check maybe... where do you see that btw?

I believed its in the bios under advanced settings or something. I might be wrong, but i think it is the same place you adjust your cpu freq, ram settings and agp fast write.

BF1942DC is the only game I have installed on my computer after wiping my drive three weeks ago. But it did not happen last year. As i said it only began after my yearly wipe, the first one on this machine. It happens some times outside games, like when i have ie open and musicmatch or just aim.

I just want to figure this out before HL2 comes out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom