I ____ED up my bios!!! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
So i recently screwed up royally and i changed the buffering of my ram in the bios which apparently you shouldn't do as a rookie and my computer wont boot. Everything turns on but than the HDD light just blinks slowly and nothing happens. Help me i need this fixed.:cry:

with the computer unplugged pull the cmos battery and press the power button a few times to drain it of power. wait 20 minutes and put it back and power it on.

other option is to check your manual for which pins to jump to clear cmos.

Sorry bout not posting this in the first 2 but...

My comp is:
EMachines W3107
AMD 3100+ Sempron
1.81ghz 384Ram
Windows XP Vers. 2002 SP3
NVIDIA GeForce 6100
As well as:
a SB Live! PCI sound car and
a Belkin USB 2.0 5-port PCI card

Just do what hefe said :)
the cmos battery is the silver, coin shaped battery on the motherboard.
Also, you don't *have* to wait 20 minutes. Just press the power button a few times then put the battery back in, plug the power in again and start.

with the computer unplugged pull the cmos battery and press the power button a few times to drain it of power. wait 20 minutes and put it back and power it on.

other option is to check your manual for which pins to jump to clear cmos.

Ok will do keep the ideas coming just in case guys :D I love this site great responses and time.

Also, you don't *have* to wait 20 minutes. Just press the power button a few times then put the battery back in, plug the power in again and start.

Correct. I just say 20 minutes as well in case they do not properly drain the power to avoid the "It did not reset it" response. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom