nVidia or ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.
biosco.png

Out of the 21 companies only 5 make cards for both...i wouldn't call that a vast majority :p

But what I meant was big name video card makers like evga, xfx, bfg, and PNY (I guess they are biggish..more so than others I would say). And out of all of those ATI only has XFX...asus is probably good too..but both companies have that.

I was just saying between ATI and nvidia I'd rather deal with the companies nvidia has seeing how they are bigger names are usually offer top notch support.

Thanks for the info about the over clocking tools. I knew MSI had something out but didn't know how good it was.

I actually though there was more crossover than that although I think we can agree there are a number of brands on both sides most people don't really consider.

BFG is rumored to be making the jump to ATI and I have never heard anything that great about PNY, besides ATI does have Sapphire and HIS which are both known for making awesome non reference cards with improved cooling. Besides how many brands do you really need? I would think that XFX, Asus, MSI, HIS, Sapphire and Visiontek would be plenty of options for ATI cards.

Personally I think people put to much weight on brands anyways, even good companies like evga have produced poor quality products before.

I actually though there was more crossover than that although I think we can agree there are a number of brands on both sides most people don't really consider.

BFG is rumored to be making the jump to ATI and I have never heard anything that great about PNY, besides ATI does have Sapphire and HIS which are both known for making awesome non reference cards with improved cooling. Besides how many brands do you really need? I would think that XFX, Asus, MSI, HIS, Sapphire and Visiontek would be plenty of options for ATI cards.

Personally I think people put to much weight on brands anyways, even good companies like evga have produced poor quality products before.

Eh I wouldn't put too much weight over it. But sometimes that's a good place to start your choice. Like if you want to OC or WC your card you'll need a warranty that covers it. So that's obviously something that puts weight on the company.

I don't know why I said PNY though..they seem to get more notice than some of the card makers. Plus they make a lot of other good products like flash drives, etc.

I am aware that there are more companies...I was just using that as an example :p You people are way to harsh about certain things and assume too much. All I was doing was listing factors you would take note of when selecting a card/brand/company...and then using newegg as an example about the one thing...so calm those ponies down a couple notches lol

XFX is not making Fermi, either.

I am aware that there are more companies...I was just using that as an example :p You people are way to harsh about certain things and assume too much. All I was doing was listing factors you would take note of when selecting a card/brand/company...and then using newegg as an example about the one thing...so calm those ponies down a couple notches lol

No one is trying to attack you...it's just the way you went about talking, seemed like you were positioning yourself. Sorry dude...no harsh feelings on my end.

That's kind of weird. Maybe they are slowly wanting to detach their selves from nvidia and move to ATI or something like that.

Or maybe the CEO knows there probably isn't much room for profit so it'd be a waste of time/effort/money to try to scrap some profit out of it.

I read that nVidia made it so any manufacturer that wanted to make Fermi had to buy some of the 2xx cards per Fermi card.

I read that they weren't allowed to make Fermi because of their jump to ATi.

I read that nVidia made it so any manufacturer that wanted to make Fermi had to buy some of the 2xx cards per Fermi card.

That's kind of weird :| I looked those cards up just a bit ago ...gtx 260 is still selling for $200-220..that's ridiculous, I paid like $250 for mine over a year ago :|

I read that they weren't allowed to make Fermi because of their jump to ATi.

I dunno..I find this kind of hard to believe since MSI, gigabyte, asus, etc make cards for both..and they are making fermi/5XXX cards.

Even if they did single xfx that'd be a bad move. I'd be the next in line after evga to me personally..so if nvidia didn't have evga or xfx I'd go ati and get xfx just for the company preference...or maybe go BFG but I havn't really heard many good things about them recently(nothing bad either..but the last time I heard people bragging was around the 8800gt era).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom