What are your system specs?

^^Craigstlist ftw. When I lived in the states I always got desks and stuff like that from craigslist. Never couches or beds though. Never.

I'll probably be getting a Thuban CPU when they come out (~2 weeks or so)
So that would mean I'll have a Phenom II 940 and 965 unused.

Maybe one could go to Vernon and one to Trotter.

Heck even a Phenom 9600 would be sufficient for me, I checked my game FPS with Xfire, and I'm finding that I'm severely lagging in game (BFBC2), part of the reason I'm getting pwned. I got the tactical stuff down though.

I'm guessing the Havok engine is really pwning my dual-core and HD 3850 512MB (at 1440x900 @ low), so I guess I just need a decent Quad-core and a slightly newer GPU and I'd be set.

Heck even a Phenom 9600 would be sufficient for me, I checked my game FPS with Xfire, and I'm finding that I'm severely lagging in game (BFBC2), part of the reason I'm getting pwned. I got the tactical stuff down though.

I'm guessing the Havok engine is really pwning my dual-core and HD 3850 512MB (at 1440x900 @ low), so I guess I just need a decent Quad-core and a slightly newer GPU and I'd be set.

The 3850 is probably whats holding you back. My brother is running BFBC2 at 1440x900 with high setting on a X2 5200+ and HD 4850 with very playable fps.

The 3850 is probably whats holding you back. My brother is running BFBC2 at 1440x900 with high setting on a X2 5200+ and HD 4850 with very playable fps.

I play on a 5200, and 4870, and have a hard time with 1280x720. For some reason I think my current configuration is screwed. I'm havin' a difficult time keepin' 25fps. I had 40+ with mine and high settings not too long ago... Not sure what's up.

I play on a 5200, and 4870, and have a hard time with 1280x720. For some reason I think my current configuration is screwed. I'm havin' a difficult time keepin' 25fps. I had 40+ with mine and high settings not too long ago... Not sure what's up.

That is very very weird. Do you have HBAO turned off in the settings?

I have a spare 4870 here aswell

That is very very weird. Do you have HBAO turned off in the settings?

I've turned everything down (off), turned everything up. Graphic settings do not seem to change the game at all. I know the 5200+ can play this game at decent settings, even at stock. I'm just at a loss.

Back
Top Bottom