AS SSD/HDD Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would submit a trouble ticket to OCZ. Their support is awesome and if there is a solution they will be able to help you. If not, then you'll get an RMA and get a better drive.

That's just not right. The only thing might be Vista, but even then I think that's a long shot for pulling a low score like that. I have a Vertex in my HTPC and had AV, IE, and other stuff running when I ran the benchmark and still scored almost a hundred points more than that.

Well, I would disagree with that guy, but do what you want. If the drive seems to work fine for you then just don't worry about your benchmark score. The problem with forums is they're based on peoples' opinions. If you open a ticket then you'll get a dedicated representative to help you. Make sure you search the knowledge base first.
OCZ Technology | OCZ Support

To open a new support ticket visit:
OCZ Technology

Your write speeds all look good, but if you compare the 4K-64Thrd read speed to my and others' Vertex results it's quite a bit lower which will affect that overall score. I'm not sure what would cause that particular score to be so low. To say the drive is operating fine though might be a little too optimistic IMO.

I have comparable scores in the same bench, some of my speeds are higher and some are lower, which SHOULD equate to a similar score. Maybe off by 10 or 20, but not off by almost half. I'm wondering how much free space he has on his.

CAN I defrag it though? Would it hurt?

Wow I got 326 with an Intel X25-V, Synergy maybe you should enable AHCI and see what the X25-M scores then?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 179
Is that an empty drive? I've got the same one, x-25v 40gb, but I only scored a 134, with win7 installed, around 15gb of other stuff as well.

Thats with a 9Gb windows 7 + Apps install. I have disabled stuff such as page file and all those other SSD tweaks found on google, surprisingly it scored more when run with windows installed than it did empty.

Edit: Just ran the newer version of the test to double check the score and got 324, so definately something wierd going on.

Edit2: (Off Topic) - How do I change my sig?? The link is gone from my profile!

I have comparable scores in the same bench, some of my speeds are higher and some are lower, which SHOULD equate to a similar score. Maybe off by 10 or 20, but not off by almost half. I'm wondering how much free space he has on his.

If you mean me (I assume you do since it's my score you posted in the OCZ forum) I had about 6 gig free when I ran my test.

It sounds to me like something is wrong with your drive, or something else related. Maybe sata controller? I dunno. I hope you figure it out though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom