Can't find driver: SmBus Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abgrund

Baseband Member
Hello,

I'm experiencing problems with the new computer I built, and found that my driver for the "ATI I/O Communications Processor SmBus Controller" is out of date.

Does anyone know where I can find this driver? I searched all over the ATI website and could not find it. I am hestitant to use a service like Driver Detective to find the driver for me, as it is only this one and a couple others that are out of date.

Thank you for your time and help, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the replies!

@Hefemeister: My apologies for leaving out vital information!

MB: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UDH3

@Mindovermaster: Thanks for the link! I actually found that earlier, but the driver they list is from 2002 and the current one that is installed is from 2009.

the latest chipset driver should have the most current one for you.
GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver
direct link to dl.
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_amd_chipset_8-series_win7.exe

assuming you made a typo and meant this board.
GA-890GPA-UD3H

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I definitely made a typo, my apologies.

I installed the newest chipset driver from this site, but the ATI I/O smbus controller driver is still listed as out of date by driver detective and the driver itself has a date of 2006 on it. I'm a bit puzzled.

Are you having issues with your SMBus that require a updated driver? Other than a online service telling you it is outdated?

I am using ver 6.1.7600.16385 from 6-21-2006 on my p6tdeluxe V2 running Win 7 64bit ultimate with no adverse effects at all.

If it ain't broke...

I definitely understand, and I think you are right.

I'm having weird crashing issues with web browsers and my games, I think revolving around DX. I've tried the newest drivers for my card, tried older more drivers, etc and nothing seems to be working. So, I figured I'd try to update every driver on the computer just in case.

for crashing, what bsod stop error are you receiving? full system specs? any cpu or gpu temp issues?

Thanks again for all of the help Hefemeister!

I don't have the last stop error written down, but the suspected drivers for the last few crashes in the minidumps are dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe and win32k.sys.

System Specs:
MB: GA-890GPA-UD3H
PROC: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635
GC: Radeon 5770
RAM: 4gb
HD: 640gb Western Digital

All of my games I can seem to play for about 15 minutes, and then they crash for one reason or another. The CPU/GPU temps seem to be fine. I check the temps right after a crash and they are all in the normal range, so I don't know if it's that, but perhaps I should check this out more closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom