Build my first computer, need some people to look it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx man! you deffinatly helped me out alot, what i think im gonna do is, is buy the parts in pairs so my wallet doesnt take such a hit all at once, and maybe some sales and what not will come up

****. you coulda updated your location sooner dude :p

can't help you out right now though. if someone else doesn't post up another build, i shall return :D

just so you know though, a build similar to the one i posted from a canadian site will definitely go over 800, so...

edit: ok well if you're still interested, heres another build
phenom ii x4 925
biostar ta790gxb3 am3 atx
4gb (2x2gb) g.skill ddr3 1600 cas9
powercolor pcs+ 5850
500gb wd se16 hdd
antec ea 650w
liteon dvd burner
thermaltake v3 be case

would total $818 CAD.

yeah CAD would be better lol, i didnt even notice it wasnt canadian dollars in your other builds. but thanx for that last build, i think im going to order a few parts tonight

i have ordered a few parts so far, Mobo, case, psu and RAM sticks but i have a question that i cant seem to get a deffinate answer on, i have purchased G.skill Ripjaw (2x2gb) RAM sticks, and on the box and various sites it says works with Intel core i5 and core i7 CPUs, so does this mean are they the only CPUs that will work or can i use a core i3? thankyou in advance

perfect, thanx man you a big help lol, i think im going to buy an i3 cpu, for 149.99 CAD, unless you can suggest some thing better or as good for an equal or lesser price. thanx again

or should i go with a bit cheaper CPU and go with a bit better GFX card?

from the sound of that price, i'd say you're looking at the i3 540.

skip the 540 and save your money, just get the i3 530. the only difference between the two is that the 540 is clocked 130mhz faster, but that's an insignificant increase in clock speed compared to what they can really do. they've been shown to hit a stable 4ghz+ on just the stock cooler.

Yeah it was the 540 I had looked at but for the minimal increase the 530 sounds fine then, I save about 30$ by getting a 530. Could you recommend a good graphics card for around 160.00$ ish. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom