I caved in..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I couldn't resist the temptation any more, what can i say :p

gpuorder.jpg

I know i know, i here you all asking yourself why on earth i ordered that inefficient over priced thing, but i really want the Phys X feature for Mafia 2, it's still fast enough for my needs, and im hoping drivers will improve the situation.

And yeah, i caved into getting a good PSU. Despite me not being a believer in good/bad PSU's, i didn't want to put a card worth that much money on the line just to be stubborn and use my El Cheapo 600w psu.

Now i got to think how on earth i explain this to my dad, boy will he be mad. This is my inherited money I'm supposed to be reserving for more important things in life. I'll figure some excuse out.

I've decided i'll claim stress due to my A level examinations and i needed retail therapy.

My mum was easy to convince atleast, the txt conversation went like this
"I just spent £300 from my bank" (a little white lie about the price)
Her: "Okay thats fine x x"

:)

On a more serious note..i asked this somewhere else but forgot where - but would you expect a Q9550 @ 3.7ghz to be a bottleneck?, also my friend ordered the same card on his 2.8ghz Q6600, so what about with him ?

You're SLI'ing 480's ? That's like the craziest thing I've heard :p, it'd cost a small fortune and these Fermi cards run way to hot as it is, let alone when they're right next to each other.

I'll try doing some benchmarks. I might even try OC it somehow, although i am a tootle OCing newb (I like catalyst control centers auto tune feature) What games you want me to try ?

I was thinking:

BFBC2
Metro: 2033
GTAIV
MW2
Just Cause 2
And DiRT2 if i can find the DVD..

I had an MSI GTX 470 preordered, was due to arrive in stock on the 16th. But i am so inpatient i just went with Palit GTX 470 which was in stock so i get it on the 16th instead. Oh i love ebuyer.com, no other retailer can you order at 11pm in the evening and it arrive before 8am the next day.

I want to see some benchmark numbers. I'm still waiting for my GTX 480's to ship from my pre-order :sad:

Where did you pre-order from? You might have better chance canceling and just camping out some sites, because there are a lot of people who have done that very thing and have received their shipments before anyone got their pre-orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom