Graphics Performance List

How do you figure out where to place the cards ? From the benchmarks i've seen the GTX470 comes very close to the 5870 :confused:

Presumably whichever is higher, even if it were 0.5% in total, would be above.

Presumably whichever is higher, even if it were 0.5% in total, would be above.

I guess.

Oh random question 'cus i dont want to make a whole new thread about it;

Would you expect a Q9550 @ 3.7ghz to be a bottleneck for my GTX 470 thats on its way ? And my friend just ordered a GTX 470 too, but only has a Q660 @ 2.6ghz, so what about for him too ?

I googled this stuff but theirs nothing definitive out there.

the Q6600 at 2.6 might bottleneck the 470

Ah. Took me ages to find where i originally posted the question, i swear i have short term memory loss.

Thanks though, i'll be sure to tell him. Reckon a clock of 3ghz will improve things much for him ?

A little bit. That architecture is showing its age now and anything less than a Q9xxx series will slow cards higher than the GTX 295. Not a substantial amount, but still a bit of a bottleneck.

Well, im sure he will still be happy. As he is upgrading from years of gaming with an 8600GTS. He's a pretty hardcore gamer like me, it's been horrible for him the past year playing with that card because of all the great games and a pc that can barely handle them, so i think he'll really appreciate it still. I hope i see a good fps improvement over my 4870 too.

After 10.3 driver updates that is no longer the case. The HD 5870 has about a 2% overall gain. Hence I switched the positions.

oh nice. So this 470 really even beats it at times? $350 for it isn't a bad deal then.

Back
Top Bottom