constant freezing and shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll take off my side panel, and i do have an air conditioner but my parents don't think it's hot enough to put in yet.

i got a question. what are the TMPIN's?

Tell your parents you don't need it, your computer needs to be cool or it will break :lol:

I think that's either your north or south bridge. That right, Slaymate?

my side panel has been off for a full day and everything went down at least 10 degrees, but it still sound loop crashed last night. i still think it's a hardware problem and not an overheating problem.

It's still a overheating problem, taking your side panel off has only lowered your "Idle" temperature to where it should be under a "Full" Load. If you could aim a house fan at the components or turn on the AC on you might get close to a "normal" temp.

But, it could be a hardware component failing or already damaged from excessive heat.

yeah i think something is damaged. now it's freezeing with no sound, it just suddenly stops but is still on. do you have any guesses on what it could be? i think it's the mobo or cpu because they are the only unchanged things, besides the hdd.

It really depends upon what you plan on using your computer for. For most users the i5 750 is all that's needed (Gaming, Homework, Web Surfing). If you plan on using your PC as a Gamer with a Daily dose of Heavy-Duty Workstation use then the i7 would be a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom