Random Reboots through XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
the CPU runs on average of about 50c

um.. why doesn't anyone suggest

HEAT PROBLEM!!!
50 c is quite a lot even though amds can withstand more heat then intels.

AMD like's to run hot

If amd's like to run hot, then intels should be burning by then. AMDS have better heat control because their voltage is low.

If you raverage is 50 c that means when you're playing games and such, it would go in the 60-70 c range. that's awfully dangerous for temps for cpus. you should check ur fans.. do you even have some fans on your case excluding ur heatsink'n fan?

Try lowering your cpu temps by any means possible. better heatsink'n fan , better airflow in case( better air flow means no wire jungle in your case, should be clean and organized, like hide it in your extra slots and under your mobo). Make sure your heatsink'n fan is attached to your cpu correctly and such.

It's not a heating issue with AMD.. I have no idea whether it's actually running that.. I believe the probe on the motherboard is shot... Gotta love Chaintech....Never again will I buy one... Word of advice, don't buy products from companies with websites that never update their FAQ's or provide support information for when they release new updates for their products.. (I.E. BIOS features.)

I went out and bought a Intel 3.0Ghz 800FSB Northwood CPU, & a Intel D865PERLL Motherboard.. Got my replacement Corsair PC3200 RAM (2 512mb sticks) & my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Bought a 120GB Seagate 7200RPM HD, and going to use my existing SB Audigy 2 card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom