Lost Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gramac

Beta member
I had to re-format my two hard drives which were in raid 0 as I somehow trashed the MBR (I think). I also previously used to run two additional Hard drives (SATA) for storage.

I have re-loaded Windows XP and updated everything, but 'My Computer' does not show the two 'storage'Hard Drives. I have used the Seagate and Maxtor tools tocate the additional drives (both Maxtor 6L200M0), but they cannot find then.

Frustratingly, when I use Hiren's V10.4 boot up disc in 'Mini XP' mode the 'My computer', 'Manage' sees both additional storage discs.

I have seemingly tried everything to get the discs visible, but have failed miserably. Can anyone assist please? My motherboard is and Asus A8n - Sli and the processor an AMD Athlon64 FX-55 Processor

Kind Regards,

Gramac

Ok, lets try this, are the hdd jumpers set up properly on your computer ?
Bootup your pc into BIOS mode and tell me what it's displaying for your sata and ide connections.
I have had similiar problems like yours not ton long ago, my solution was that my seagate and western digital drive could not coincide with one another until I fix the jumpers and use 2 of the same brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom