BANG FOR YOUR BUCK CHALLENGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My i5 Submission

Untitled-1.png

Yea! Sure bro, Ill give you credit in the leader's post. I wasn't really thinking about the competition part...I was just throwing out what I had so far.

this thread doesn't make sense to me.

more money = more performance

simple as that.

if no max budget, the most expensive rig* will perform the best.

*simple rig, without overclocking, and without human resources with extensive overclocking knowledge.

^ yes, but after a certain point you'll be paying more $$$ per megahurtz.

But still, in that case, where does one draw the line?

I'm sorry but this is a rather pointless thread...

You kinda need a budget otherwise there isn't much point. If you buy a part a month, by the time you're done your pc is gonna be outdated. Spend a little and hope to upgrade later, still gonna leave yourself in a bad position. Only really "futureproof" items are power supplies and cases. So spending more on a good case and a good psu is worth it if you plan to re-use them. Cause I know my 750tx is gonna be used till it dies :p Or going with a single strong video card and planning Xfire for when it starts to become obsolete. Or going with skt1366 if you've got the cash, since intel seems to be planning on using it for a while.

Soulphire is right, once you reach the point where your build has a decent motherboard/cpu/ram/gpu/hdd any exces performance will come at a premium. I guess this is where the 'best bang for your buck' comes in, but either way, all build are going to be a i7 920/930 with a 5870 and a decent set of components to o along with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom