Just a question no biggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

techleaner

In Runtime
Whats the benefits of the i7 extreme, is it really the best thing or is there other processors that work just as good. Is it more geared towards like Gaming, Heavy Multi-tasking projects like media or something. Just curious is all.

No biggie just asking what your thoughts are basically.

Well technically I don't own a quadcore mind you a intel one but that CPU is quite good and does it job too well, but that cpu is like overkill for many new applications that don't utilize a quadcore to it's extreme limit.

If I were you, I would look into the core I5 or anyrhing below a i7 extreme, **** if you don't mind using a AMD quadcore, try looking at the Athlon II X4's and Phenom II X4 lineup.
It may not be a super quick and barbaric CPU, but it gets things done quickly when you need it to, also keep in mind the Athlon II and some Phenom II's do great with gaming.

The newest i7 Extreme Model is the 980 and it has 6 cores, an unlocked Multiplier and 12mb of L3 cache and at $1100 it has no equals.

But the only difference between the 975X and the other i7 900's is it has an unlocked Multiplier which allows more possible configurations to achieve the same result. And the Higher numbered i7's are usually picked from the best wafers, but not always. Supply and Demand play a big part in this, if they need 100,000 i7 930's and all they have is High Quality 975 Wafers then guess what they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom