AS SSD/HDD Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing that! Though it doesn't seem putting two in RAID0 helps a whole lot. Good to know!

Depends on the use. When checking with HD-Tune and 128K Reads they deliver about 370MB/s MAX, 180 MIN and 272 AVG.

With 256K Reads they do a MAX of 428, MIN 300 and 359 AVG. If you do a lot of sequential reads/writes, like Video editing, that comes in handy, doesn't give you much advantage on the IOPS side of life i think. At best 15-20% increase in speed would be my guess.

Will redo the test, when i ran TRIM over it again and corrected a that BAD SECTOR 31K thingy. Maybe they're not at full speed...

No idea why this is so low. running FW 1.41. I'm pretty much giving up with this stuff. :sick:

79 | Antec User | OCZ Vertex 30GB

hddss.jpg

Upgrade to firmware 1.5 :D

Clean out your temp files and flush the recycle bin to initiate the TRIM command.

Yea, there's definitely a problem there. You should be way higher than 79 with an SSD. Do as Slaymate suggests and if you are still running slow then I would RMA the drive. You might have a bum controller.

WTH??? Cleaned everything up with the garbage utility, updated to FW 1.5, cleaned up again, cleaned with CC Clean and emptied trash can.. STILL a low score.. I only have 2 games on here and nothing was running when I did this.

CAN you defrag an SSD? Does it DO anything? I'm running in AHCI also. Does your clock effect the results? I'm running a conservative 3.5 now. Does my BOARD (SB) Have something to do with this? SB750...

I don't what these scores posted until I KNOW I've topped out.

ssdss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom