BANG FOR YOUR BUCK CHALLENGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckman44

In Runtime
Hey guys! One of the big things I have seen around this forum is people looking for the best bang for their buck.

So I'm holding a small competition, while also helping myself decide on a rig.

The goal is to pretty much build a machine that gives your the best performance possible at the lowest price possible. The computer will pretty much be a base build for future upgrades. Only usable CPU's are i5 and i7....Both have their own category. I will be posting the best list of components in their own section in this post. (one for i7 build, and one for i5). The winner doesn't win anything, but you do get the sense of accomplishment for being the most knowledgeable and helpful person on this site....Just call it...a friendly forums competition.

These builds must still perform better than most desktops you can buy on the market, even though they are technically (budget builds). There is no max price, but remember, the lower the cost, the better.

Let the games begin!

(IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO PARTICIPATE, YOU CAN STILL HELP OUT BY AGREEING WITH SOMEBODY, OR SECONDING THEIR BUILD...THIS IS HOW I DETERMINE WHICH BUILD IS IN THE LEAD, THEREFORE POSTED IN THE LEADER'S BUILD SECTION)

750$ and you gotta build a full rig with intel i7 or i5? lol wow thats a big chunk of the money already.

Is it safe to assume this is a gaming machine?

It is safe to assume that the machine will need to have room for future upgrades to be turned into a monster gaming rig, or video editing rig, or anything else. This build needs to just be a base for a future upgraded machine for pretty dang much anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom