loaded mobo drivers, no usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

In Runtime
New build, evga- when I first booted it up the usbs worked fine; after loading the motherboard drivers, nothing.

So I uninstalled the drivers, and still nothing.

In the device manager, they're all listed but for the "usb root hubs', they're yellow (no driver), but they won't load the driver from the mobo driver disc...and it's a pain trying to navigate with shortcut keys (mouse is usb).

I was going to just reinstall Windows, but the dvd won't recognize my boot cd (even though my laptop does).

Any ideas?

Try resetting the bios to the Default settings. Do you have any USB devices plugged in other than your mouse and keyboard? Try removing them if your answer is yes and see if one of the devices is shorting out the usb bus.

As for the DVD drive, make sure it's the 1st boot device in your bios.

Tried resetting the bios. I don't think the usb drivers are on the mobo drivers disc- before I loaded that disc the usb mouse worked fine...There must have been some conflict between the mobo drivers and the xp drivers..

Should I try downloading usb drivers? Or should I try a repair install?

btw Slaymate I bought this rig based on your recommendation- so far there's been no hardware issues that I can see, runs very smooth.

FIXED- just uninstalled usbs, rebooted.

But now I think my audio drivers on the mobo driver disc are conflicting with my usbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom