Gamepads - why? + other rambles

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWLAF

Baseband Member
Hey,

I was researching my gaming computer and I came across gamepads... to me, they seem very weird, and probably difficult to use. Does anybody here use one? How do you use them? How difficult is it to use them?

I also came across this: Logitech G19 LCD Gaming Keyboard at Xoxide!

Exactly what is the point of having an LCD screen on your keyboard? Can somebody explain this to me, I find it interestingly weird...

And this, is it not the coolest mouse in existence?: Zalman FG1000 FPS Gun Gaming Mouse at Xoxide!

I was researching my gaming computer and I came across gamepads... to me, they seem very weird, and probably difficult to use. Does anybody here use one? How do you use them? How difficult is it to use them?
They allow you to control some things better, especially games which are just ported from consoles (such as GTAIV).
Racing/driving games are generally much easier with a gamepad, as instead of a keyboard key, where you're either not turning or turning completely, a gamepad will allow you to choose how much to turn by, since you move an analog stick a certain amount.

Exactly what is the point of having an LCD screen on your keyboard? Can somebody explain this to me, I find it interestingly weird...
Lets you display various information, such as the temperatures of your PC, whether you have any emails, etc. Can be handy but really not worth the price IMO.

And this, is it not the coolest mouse in existence?
Looks kind of impractical :p

Mad Catz Cyborg Rat: a guided tour (video) -- Engadget

That is the coolest looking mouse.

As for LCD panels, they can be useful, I have a logitech g15 (rev1, though I don't use it anymore) and it was nice to have when I only had 1 monitor.

I almost always use an xbox controller to play games, more comfortable, and makes driving games or flying, or action games much easier to control.

For a great computer game pad:

Buy a PS2 game controller or if you are like 95% of the rest of the gaming world you already have one. Pick up a $5 USB connector for the PS2 controller off Ebay
, enjoy.

And I gotta LOL at that gaming mouse. Pickup a Logitech G5 or up. Can't beat em'

As for the Gaming Keyboards. . .IDK. Seems like a pretty big waste and I can't ever see how looking down to the keyboard to the LCD screen would be better than looking at your monitor. . .when would you ever want to be looking at your keyboard during play??!?!

I use the 360 controller for the few games that I use a gamepad for.

Haha, I don't want one, I was just asking... and bleurgh, console controllers... not a fan myself, keyboard and mouse are preferable... if I wanted to play a console I'd buy one for 600 rather than spending 1.5k+ on a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom