CPU's maximum lifetime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
those old P133's are indestructable!!!!!!!!! I oced one and took the fan and heatsink off of it.....it got really really really hot but it wouldn't die........so next i took a lighter and put it up to it while it was running....still didn't die.........so i figured that it deserved to live

I have an old 386 processor in a computer that is still being used. Not often, but for word, and such. Who knows how old that thing is, but its still hummin.

hmm i know that the athlon line of cpus have an average lifespan of 60,000 hours.. but usually when they say that theyre just being safe.. usually cpus wil last a lot longer than that... and yes the older cpus generate a LOT less heat and they handle heat better..(since they have a lot less transistors than modern cpus).. so ur computer should be good for a good while to come :).. altho i never understood y u just havent upgraded yet :confused: lol

ahh well u can join me in that club as well my friend :)... so far im just up to begging my dad for stuff.. but once hes out of the way im at god's mercy lol

im not sure but i dont think processors really have a lifespan if u take care of em right my school still has apple 2's that work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom