Looking for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn1027

Beta member
Had my dell xps 400 for 8 years. It ran great for about 4 and then slowly died out. Now its starting to freeze and get even slower. The wierd thing though is that it runs WoW great (alone). But if i open itunes limewire and internet it goes slow and aggrivates me to death.

So what i think im going to do is build a good gaming computer and have a crappy computer for itunes/limewire. I dont have a "budget" but i also want to get the best computer and reuse as much stuff as i can. Looking for suggestions on what to get for my new build, what to re-use, and anything else im going to need. Thank you! :smile:

if by what you said here
So what i think im going to do is build a good gaming computer and have a crappy computer for itunes/limewire.
you mean building a new separate gaming comp and keeping the dell for itunes or whatever, then you won't really be able to reuse anything because the dell would need those parts.

and we can't really suggest any kind of parts without knowing your budget. do you atleast have like a certain price range you'd want to stay within?

Well i was thinking about it more. Ill get if for my birthday which isnt really soon but i dont mind waiting. For a price range we'll say under 1500$. Also ill just forget the two computer thing and go with one system for everything.

Few other questions since i have no idea what im talking about is how bad is limewire? Everyones always saying limewire this limewire that and i dont really understand why anyone would pay 1000$ just for music. And can someone explain operating systems for me? I get that theres windows and vista but not much else.

Let me know if you need any other information because now i can reuse part

And can someone explain operating systems for me? I get that theres windows and vista but not much else.
The operating system is the software you use to run the computer. You'll want to go for Windows 7 Home Premium.

Arite so i need to get windows 7, anyone wanna recommend me a build for around 1000$ that will play WoW and run smooth?

Are you speaking in Australian Dollars or US Dollars? If you are Aussie, I can help, but if not, I can't

Almost definitely USD, it's the most common currency round here. Much to my chagrin when I joined :p

Haha yes US dollars. I forgot to mention ill be reusing the monitor keyboard and mouse. I need new speakers though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom