graphics problems with a 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
Hey all I just got my xfx 5770 card the other day it plays game great but occasionally it will crash for no reason ive been able to run the 3d mark 06 2 times successfully and 4 time i dont even get thru the first test with out it freezing up my computer and the the graphics driver fails

system specs
m4a78t-e motherboard
amd phenom 2 x4 955 o.c to 3.8 ghz
north bridge at 2400nhz
ht link at 2200 mhz
corsair dominator ram at 1600 mhz 9-9-9-24 timings
xfx 5770 at stock clocks
500 gb western digital green hard drive
and a ultra x4 600 watt power supply
i know its not from heat cause i keep a close whatch on my temps everything stays below 60c
i just did a fresh instal of windows 7 and xp x64 and it still crashes

im trying to decide if i should rma it to see if its the card

just did that and it ran fine im gonna have to adjust my settings something not siting right

alright Ive narrowed it down to my memory causing the problem

k just redid all my settings and it runs fine turns out my ram isn't stable in my mother board at 1600 mhz 9-9-9-24 timings so its at 1333 mhz 9-9-9-24 works fine even though its stated to run at 1600 mhz

yes i did on later review of my parts i have the older modules of that ram and it need 1.8 volts to run stable at 1600 mhz not the 1.65v i thought

thats what i changed my seting to it ran 3d mark 06 and 3d mark vantage fine but i get screen flickers when i oc it with ati overdrive because the core clock and memory clocks drop from 400 and 600 idle to 157 and 300 idle when i apply the oc which is really annoying and it will only crash sometimes

well my initial thought were correct my video card died last night wasn't even oc it was just running it normal on a game that didnt even tax it and computer crashed then failed to boot with very fast beeps reset the bios and still failed to boot removed video card and computer booted using onboard video im rma the card and selling my cpu motherboard and memory to get new parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom