Laptop broke :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schrei

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

Basically my laptop just crashed today, I was in iTunes, and the song just skipped, playing the same bit over and over and over, and I couldn't ctrl alt del or anything, so I unplugged the laptop, rebooted to be graced with a "invalid partition table" error message, now I said ok, I will get an XP disk I have and boot into the recovery console, so I put the disk in, its loads for about 4 or 5 mins, then suddenly blue screen error - something like a pci.sys - 0x07e message.

Now I'm wondering what can I do? I'm at a loss, i can't repair the hardisk as I can't get into the recovery console!

btw - I'm using a mates XP disk which came with his HP laptop, I'm sure it doesn't make a difference, but maybe it could be causing the blue screen?

Or maybe my laptop is just ****ed.

If anyone could help that would be great!

Thanks,

Tim

I can do nothing except from going into the BIOS, its American Megatrends version 2.59

Thanks for the reply

You can't get past POST? what errors do you get? or does it just freeze? can you press F8 and go into the startup options?

Your hard drive may have fried.

After the POST I just get the "invalid partition table" message, and it just stops there, does nothing except display that.

Nope, no start up options, F8 doesnt do anything (I don't think it would even if it was working) I tried tab as well, it does nothing either, just get the "invalid partition table" message again.

You reckon the HDD is kaput?

You could put it into an external, and see if you can get any data off of it. I don't try that myself, but someone else may be more experienced in it.

I would consider pulling the hd and putting it in another computer.

Check bios to ensure that dvd drive is listed before hd in boot order. You should be able to get into dos from a xp disk to run a chkdsk /r on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom