Installing OCZ Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

In Runtime
Are these typically hard to clip in? A friend of mine said it just might need some 'working in'. But I don't want to flex the motherboard too much.

Mobo : EVGA E758-A1 Intel X58 ATX

Ram : OCZ Gold 6GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Not really. Just follow the instructions which comes with the RAM and you should be fine ;) There will be similar instructions in the motherboard manual.

I did that. The slots are lined up. It's an expensive motherboard and I don't want to damage it, so I was wondering how much pressure is needed/ safe.

It helps to put the RAM in the motherboard before you put the motherboard in the case - that way you can put the mobo on a flat surface and there's no chance of bending it.

But, you can put plenty of pressure on it. Sometimes I've needed to put my palm on top the RAM and then lean on it to get it to in.

and also make sure that the notch found on the ram module lines up with the ram slots on the motherboard.
rk1shl.jpg

They can be surprisingly hard to put in. When I built my computer it took me forever to realize what the problem was, and it turned out I didn't have the ram pressed in hard enough. You'll want to press it until you get a noticeable click. I pressed it a little, and it felt like it was sliding in. but if you keep pressing you'll get a "snap".

Thanks all- problem resolved. I got my friend to do it- he had more experience but he also had bigger stronger hands...

It seems that with the newer higher profile ram you need to position your hands beneath the mobo... it takes more force, and there's less of a noticeable 'click'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom