motherboard and cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthfast

Solid State Member
ok so... my computer was fried the other month. I am now currently looking to replace the motherboard and cpu. my last system was an asus M2N32-SLI deluxe wieless edition with a amd dual core i believe, with a geforce 9800. it was a good little computer ran all my games great. im a retired wow player. i stick to games like oblivion, the sims 3, age of empires 3 and games like those. i was thinking of buying an Asus M4N78 PRO Motherboard & AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core Processor bundle. uhhhh any advice is it good for what i want or should i buy something else? its $263 Canadian so im sticking in that price range please let me know what you think. thank you for your help!

ya i currently have 4gigs ddr2 ram. it helps knowing what i am aiming for. i can stick a computer together no problem. its the specs that confuse me and whats better and whats worse.

oh i see, you need an am2/am2+ mobo. ok.

i really don't know why parts from tigerdirect so much but you could get this cpu
pii x4 955 be

and this mobo
asus m4a77d

both of which would be better and in total would cost less than the parts you linked.

ok nvm was gonna say can i even use am am3 on that board. now that i looked at what it supports i see am3 in there. ok and this combo will be suitable for gaming?

which parts are you referring to?

and yes, am2/am2+ mobos can support am3 cpus, but not vice versa.

if you want a specific list of supported cpus for a specific mobo you should be able to find it on the manufacturer's spec page for that specific mobo.

oh i was just reffering to the cpu compatibility. but i checked the supported parts and everything from my old computer is compatible with the board. thank you for your help and fo the new cheaper site tiger direct is like a 30 minute drive from my house thats why i order from them. again thank you now i got it all planned and i can get my games going again :big_grin:

hey, i was wondering if anyone on the forum could help me find a motherboard for my Intel Pentium D 945 CPU..... it is an LGA 775 but the cpu runs on a higher voltage than usual because of the way it was built. the current board that i have for it is the 'foxconn RC4107MA'

i would greatly appreciate it if someone could find a board for me as Intel doesn't make cpu's this great anymore and i really want to hang onto the CPU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom