HD5830?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulofadra6on

Baseband Member
just wondering how good of an upgrade the HD5830 is to the HD4850? got some bday money...but not enough for a 5870..and i might BARELY have enough for a 5850 if i beg for more bday money LOL (i have 280 total) so im wondering if the 5830 is a big enough upgrade to spend money on

defenitely get a 5850, you're not even that far off from affording one.

make a lemonade stand or something, you only need like $20-$30 more.

well i got the 5850..installed it, loaded the software from the CD...checked if there were any drivers on ATi's website..i just downloaded the drivers that i saw which were released 3/24/10. but i am having issues... i was playing warhammer online and didnt notice a big difference in the FPS...still about the same as my 4850. the real issue was when i played wow...i put the resolution to 1920x1080, maxed out all the settings like i did before but it was only getting 9 fps...with my 4850 i would get way more than that, around 30 fps. and the graphics looked a bit fuzzy

any way i could fix this? or is there any settings i have to change? i went into the ati control catalyst and just put everything to default.

starting to think if i should just return it =(

Those are both really old games, and wow's engine is being held together with duct tape (from what I've heard).

Try something new and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom