New graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo_Tsi95

Solid State Member
I bought a new graphics card for my Dell Deminsion 8400 because I needed atleast shader model 3.0 to play borderlands and I put the card in and my computer starts up and everything works but the monitor is getting no signal from the card... Again it is a Axle3D Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT 1GB DDR2 PCI Express w/ DVI + VGA + HDTV Out Low Profile Video Card. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on how to get it working or if I should just get a refund and try another card. Please help :sweat: . Also, I am new here :big_smile: . Also , I forgot to mention that the computer is running on windows XP. I was thinking this could be the problem because the box says it supports windows vista but I am not positive if it supports windows XP although I read that it does.

For starters, yes that graphics card is compatible with xp.

When you say the monitor gets no signal from the card, when does this happen? Straight from startup or after xp has finished loading?

You may have to disable your onboard video first in the BIOS. To get into BIOS you usually press F2 or Delete while the pc is starting.

It doesn't load up XP it doesn't come on at all. It stays on standby mode (yellow). I was looking today and my computer keeps telling me I have low disc space, could that have anything to do with it? I have never looked at the BIOS but I will check that after I get a reply :big_smile:

There should be an option there to disable the onboard video. Also, there should be an option to set the initial display output. Make sure that's set to PCIe

onboard graphics maybe? Do you see anything that looks like it might pertain to video output or monitor output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom