Seriously overpriced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

herostar10

Beta member
Frankly I want a thinkpad because they seem to be very durable, but I also want it to have mid-range gaming capabilities. Here is the perfect laptop, except it seems very overpriced. What do you guys think?:

Lenovo Thinkpad W510

Also, I want to upgrade it to 4 GB of RAM on the website.

In my experience I have always found Lenovo laptops to be overpriced and a bit slower than other laptops of the same or similar specifications.

However if you are looking for a durable laptop then Lenovo is the one to go for - I've purchased all sorts of brands of laptops at the various places I have worked and have never come across any that are more robust than IBM/Lenovo ones!

Just the other day we had a rather sheepish manager ring us up and ask us for a new laptop as it had been run over by a car!

It seems that he leant his laptop bag against the rear wheel of the car he was in whilst he went to pay the parking charge so he could leave the car park. Whilst he was doing this the driver of the car decided to reverse out of the car parking space ready to drive out of the car park and in doing so ran over the laptop!

When I had a look at the laptop after it turned up at our Head Office, the screen was cracked (no surprise there) and there were a couple of cracks in the case. We hooked it up to an external monitor, connected up the power lead and hey presto! Windows XP loaded and let us log on!

All data was transferred an the laptop worked perfectly!

Most of Lenovos laptops not only have shock protection for the hard drive that detects if the laptop is being dropped or not so it can turn it off and protect your data, but they also have a roll-cage in most of the which is why they are so robust.

I have seen 6 year old IBM/Lenovo laptops with bits missing or hanging off them as they have been dropped numerous times over the years and they still keep on working!

If you're looking for a robust that laptop that will keep going forever then a Lenovo one will be right up your street!

That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks Fazza. I'd also still like to hear everybody else's opinion on this matter please =)

Lenovo is not for gaming. It is used for college students that need it to run long periods of time on battery.

For the 4gb, get yours from Newegg, and install them yourself. It's a lot cheaper.

I would not be using Lenovo for gaming. I would be recommending ASUS or MSI.

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I need to re-evaluate my priorities and pick a laptop that will truly meet what I need it to do, not just what I might want ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom