Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame

Beta member
Hello everyone,
I got a PC from my friend which he didn't use and apparently it doesn't have a video card. It is a Dell XPS 400 and he said that it was a custom built one too. The processing system looks like it is an Intel V//V from the sticker.
I was wondering if I could get help on choosing a video card for the CPU. I am willing to spend maximum of $200. I read some other forums and googled for a while and from what i read GEForce 8800GTX was highly recommended. I was wondering if there are any better cards for good gaming performance and would also work on my PC.

Thank you in advance.

yes there are better card out there.

though, the stock 375w power supply won't cut it for a card like that or something better. do you know if your friend upgraded the stock power supply?

if not, then you'll also have to buy a better one to support a better card.

Hes not even sure. Doesn't know much about computers.. is there a way to check it?

open it up.

take the side panel off of the case and it should say on a sticker that's on the power supply itself.

Yes it is 375 W. I talked to Best buy and they recommended me the XFX - ATI RADEON HD 4350 1GB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card. Is this card good enough for online games like COD, CSS, and games like GTA IV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom