Help with building a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmadmad

Baseband Member
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot I'm pretty new to this forum.

I'm thinking about building my own gaming computer because I'm tired of all the malfunctions, fees, and all the other b.s. associated with the Xbox 360 and Microsoft. (7th 360 in four years) Anyway I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff, and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm a huge gamer and want something that will make my games look great (hopefully better than the 360) and run extremely fast whether im playing a game or just messing around. I'm into FPS mainly but I also like some RTS's. (COD MW 2, Battle Field: BC 2, CCS...) I'm looking to start from scratch- CPU, Motherboard, Ram, Hard Drive, Graphics card ect... I've done some research but it's kind of overwhelming. I'm looking at spending somewhere around $1500 (if that's reasonable). Finally, my main concern is I will spend all this money and it will be out-dated in a year or two.
-Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the length of the post and the bad grammar.

Just woke up- havent really had a chance to look at what you posted but thanks. Yes I am also looking at getting a 1080p monitor and a blu-ray drive.

Just woke up- havent really had a chance to look at what you posted but thanks. Yes I am also looking at getting a 1080p monitor and a blu-ray drive.

If you're worried about it becoming outdated I think your only sure bet is to go with AMD over Intel right now.

AMD is going to make Phenom II X6's backwards compatible, and from what I hear, even Bulldozer is going to be. (So you'd be good through 2011-2012 at the very least, for processor upgrades.)

Where as Intel will move onto new processors and PROBABLY new sockets in the next year or two.

Going with AMD over Intel because your worried about it being outdated is a load of crap. AMD switches sockets just as often as Intel. Going with an AMD over the Intel will only give you a less powerful PC.

Going with AMD over Intel because your worried about it being outdated is a load of crap. AMD switches sockets just as often as Intel. Going with an AMD over the Intel will only give you a less powerful PC.

Though AMD is much better bang for your buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom