Alright, pc components I have so far are:

CPU: AMD Phenom AM3 965 Quad Core 3.40ghz 6mb Cache
Mobo: ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ PC10660
HDD: 500gb 16mb Cache Serial ATA Hard Drive
Lightscribe DVDRW Dual Layer DVD Writer
Case: Corona Black Micro-ATX Case
GPU: I have a Radeon HD 5770 Vapor-x

The case comes with a 450W Winpower PSU, but looking at reviews and product info (of which I cannot find much) there isnt too much hope i will have sufficient power to manage all of these components.

What would be the best PSU for me to get that will fit in the case and power all of these components well? I'm looking for a low priced PSU that can be shipped to the UK.

Thanks!

how are you using both a 5750 and 5770 if both of those are pci-e x16 cards but that mobo you listed only has one?

ok, well i think we both know that the 5770 would be the better card so keep that.

for a psu, this is a good, not-so-expensive one.
Scan.co.uk: SST-ST50F-ES - 500W Silverstone Strider, ST50F-ES, 80 Plus, SLI/CrossFire, EPS 12V, 20/24 pin, 120mm Fan

but also, have you already purchased all your parts? just so you know, that mobo you listed would not fit in that case because that mobo is atx, but that case only supports micro-atx mobos.

Yes that PSU looks neat, and the mobo is micro atx - Newegg.com - ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3 AMD 780L Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Do you think it would be worth getting a Galaxy 3 Gaming case instead of that one?

oh ok, then you should change it in your first post because the mobo you listed was this
ASRock > Products > K10N78
which is atx.

but yes, if you're going to get that asus mobo then you shouldn't have a problem.

edit: but know i see 2 more problems arise, you have ddr2 ram listed but that asus mobo uses ddr3 ram and it also does not support the pii x4 965.

oh ok, then you should change it in your first post because the mobo you listed was this
ASRock > Products > K10N78
which is atx.

but yes, if you're going to get that asus mobo then you shouldn't have a problem.

edit: but know i see 2 more problems arise, you have ddr2 ram listed but that asus mobo uses ddr3 ram and it also does not support the pii x4 965.

Yes sorry, im getting mixed up with my parts. it is a DDR3 build and the micro ATX build is the right one, and i have DDR3 RAM not DDR2.

ok, but that still leaves the problem of the cpu not being supported.

the highest end cpu that the asus mobo supports is the pii x4 945 (the 95w tdp verison, not the 125w verison)

edit: just saw your edit question; it's really personal preference what case you choose, but i would get that galaxy case instead just because you won't be limited to just micro-atx mobos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom