4gb ram installed, 2.5 recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok both slots seem to work the same, but when I was looking under my video adapter properties I found this..

57188657.jpg

Wondering if this is sucking the rest of the memory? If so any way I can change how much system memory this card tries to use/set aside?

Unfortunately, as mikesgroovin has already pointed out, it looks as if that board is limited to 3GB ram. The BIOS will have a setting that is reserving some memory for the video, and you can change it (or even turn it off) in most cases.

Although you may be able to get it to show 3gb, the chances are nil that you'll see all 4GB on that motherboard.

Unfortunately, as mikesgroovin has already pointed out, it looks as if that board is limited to 3GB ram. The BIOS will have a setting that is reserving some memory for the video, and you can change it (or even turn it off) in most cases.

Although you may be able to get it to show 3gb, the chances are nil that you'll see all 4GB on that motherboard.

That's a shame.. I'll never get ASUS again :angry:

Asus makes good stuff, they just screwed the pooch on this particular mainboard. If it only supports 4GB ram, then it's most likely one of their budget boards. The high-end Asus boards are fan frickin' tastic.

You get what ya' pay for. I have to say though, I would have been slightly ****ed if I saw "4gb" on the specs sheet, and learned that it didn't support that.

Perhaps the place you bought it from will give you a refund?

Ok both slots seem to work the same, but when I was looking under my video adapter properties I found this..

57188657.jpg

Wondering if this is sucking the rest of the memory? If so any way I can change how much system memory this card tries to use/set aside?

that's odd that it's using 1gb of system memory for the video card.....but I really don't know how to change that, hopefully someone else will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom