ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 OR EVGA E758-A1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puressence

In Runtime
Okay guys, so I'll save you the long story. I've been in the process of building my core i7 system that I've been working at off and on for the past year. As a self described work-aholic, I've been building it as I can and as time allows. Well, I got the system all built, powered it on and it worked! Setup my raid 0 and proceeded to install Win Vista prior to the Win 7 upgrade. When I bought all the gear, Win 7 wasnt out yet. During the Vista install, the computer during one of the many self restarts....failed to start back up. One lit LED on my Biostar TPower x58 motherboard and that's it. I researched to try to solve the issue and per Biostar, I was supposed to remove everything and try again. At this point I decided to take it into a local computer shop :( to see what they said. They said that there was a malfunction in the BIOS on the board and that the board is essentially defective. They had never heard of the board that I had. I found this to be odd for a computer repair shop that states they DO repairs on gaming computers. Anyhow, they said to go with a more "mainstream" motherboard such as ASUS or MSI (in their words) Well, after doing more research on these forums, I've noticed the P6T and the EVGA seem to be popular amongst you guys. So, my question is, what do you guys recommend. After dealing with all of this, I really just want to get the thing up and running. Guess I didn't keep it short. Anyhow, thanks for any advice.

(Here are the links to my build if anyone is interested.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/pures-haf-i7-project-215782/#post1709838
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/please-review-final-specs-i7-system-purchase-202301/
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/please-help-core-i7-build-200938/

Not sure. I didn't register it when I bought it. The guys at the shop said I should be able to send it back for a small shipping fee. Like I said, I am a little concerned that a shop who states they do work on "gaming systems" haven't heard of the Tpower x58. At this point, I really want to get the thing up and running. And from what I have read, the two boards that I mentioned seem to be popular and well reviewed. I'm not trying to break the bank with my overclocking, so I don't think I need the best of the best. Just want something that has a good track record for reliability/stability.

I would contact the manufacturer and ask how the guaranty work... if you can send it back for repair for free I don't see why you should buy a new mobo...
If the problem is the bios can't you upgrade it?

Well, now I can't even get the thing to power on at all. It turns on and shuts down in less than a second. And I was looking at the AUS and EVGA based on what the guys at the shop said, and what the people here seem to say. Also, the fact that I have had the motherboard for over a year now (most of the time it was sitting in the packaging) might make it difficult to just send back for repairs. If they will take it back for a small shipping fee, I would be happy.

Either of those mobo's are a good selection. I like EVGA myself, but in your situation I would buy which ever has the best price at the moment :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom