Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Here is a pic of my latest build... Details are in my sig below... Just put in two 12" blue cold cathode lights out of view to light up the case. I'm still going to move some of the smaller wires around to get them hidden.

This is what I have so far.. Looking for any tips anyone would have..

IMG_0115.jpg

I just cut out the stock window and fan grill and put in my own bigger window. Kinda on the fence about the decal though... What are your thoughts? Keep it or lose it????

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

Try to tuck those front panel wires under the mobo itself a little more. Is there any way to get those wires from the front panel hardware to come from the otherside of the hd bays? Them coming from the front like that looks untidy, if you can't just zip tie the fan (the two small wires, think they are for a fan?) together, same with the two wires above the small ones. Also try zip tying the two graphics power cables together. Maybe even pulling the CPU power cable down a little more so it doesn't have such a big loop before it goes behind the mobo tray. Think you said you were going to move them, but the wires at the top of the back of the case should be grouped together too.

This is just me but I don't normally like decals in windows, just think it blocks you view ;).

I agree with all you are saying... I built it in a hurry to get it setup and start using it.. I'll probably drill some holes so I can route the wires a little more effeciently... I also thought the same thing about the decal... I'm gonna wait a few days and see if it grows on me...

Before and after re-wiring. Any tips are appreciated. Wiring options in this case are an absolute dream compared to my last two cases, and yes the video cards are vertical.

Attachments

• before cabling.jpg
    before cabling.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 192
  • after cabling.jpg
    after cabling.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 191
Hey everyone. New here and first time posting, but thought I would up my ongoing management and see what ya think, or advice anyone might have.

Before:
P2080007.jpg

After:
P2080009.jpg

thanks in advance for any input, all.

Sleeving would look far better
But that PSU looks cheap, so it would probably be more worth it to get a new (good) PSU with sleeving rather than spending the time and money sleeving that.

^ya, never heard of an orion psu before, but there are hundreds of dozens if not hundreds for cheap psu's that i don't know of because i dont use them.

considering that you have 3 HDD, no mobo holes, horrible 24pin placement on the motherboard, I give it a 6.9/10

suggestions: zip ties, zip ties, zip ties. take the 2 front panel connectors on the bottom left of mobo, run top one straight down to the bottom one and ziptie. pull them straight to the right nice and snug to bottom of mobo, and zip tie them with the other front panel connectors (after pulling them straight down). then you see the very small hole on bottom right of mobo tray? take the front panel wires and ziptie them to that hole.

Follow same basic procedure throughout. Right angles are better (my opinion anyway) than loops/bends/curves.

Back
Top Bottom