1000$ Gaming PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmido8

Beta member
Hey guys, I came here to get some help building a new pc. It's my first time ever doing anything like this so i'm not sure whether I'v picked the best parts for the money, or even compatible parts for that matter. My budget is in the ballpark of 900-1000$.

I have windows 7, a keyboard, and a mouse, so I need everything else including a monitor.

Here's the current build I made on newegg.

Edit: Nvm, that setup doesn't work because I forgot RAM and a CD/DVD drive.

jcomp1.jpg

Can you critique and/or give me a better build to use. Thanks!

I'm not sure why the wishlist isn't showing, I set it for public. https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=12700965

But what's the difference in performance between a 5850 and 5830? The 5850 is a good 50$ more expensive and I'v been leaning towards that just because it's a higher end card, but is the difference even noticable? For example, would it make the difference between me running a game in very high and high?

yeah i5 is a bit over of his budget but if he could top another few bucks on his budget then it will fit somehow and it will be a best bang for his bucks. another idea in my could stay on AMD build and just save some more money and go for 5870.

i dont know how good is gigabyte about their service/warranty but this is a good gpu although you need 90$ more for it hehe.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R587UD-1GD Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I'm not sure why the wishlist isn't showing, I set it for public. https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=12700965

But what's the difference in performance between a 5850 and 5830? The 5850 is a good 50$ more expensive and I'v been leaning towards that just because it's a higher end card, but is the difference even noticable? For example, would it make the difference between me running a game in very high and high?

if the wishlist isn't working, just post the links.

well yes, there is a difference in performance between those two cards. would it make a difference between high and very high detail? that depends on what game you're talking about and the res. of the monitor you'd be using.

you could take a look at this review for some actual numbers as far fps goes.
AMD?s Radeon HD 5830: A Filler Card at the Wrong Price - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

but i personally agree with what that review says about it being at the wrong price because in most cases, the 5830 performance a little below the last gen 4890, which is in the same price range.

the only reason i included it in my first build suggestion is because newegg is offering a combo deal with a real nice xfx psu, saving you $40. if it wasn't for that, i would personally suggest getting a less expensive 5770 or sticking with your original choice of a 5850.

what about this build then,
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

totals $804 + shipping.

i didn't include a monitor though, so if you still want to spend $1000, i think you'd have roughly $190 or so for whatever monitor you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom