Recommend me a build

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBerger

Baseband Member
Ok well I've been out of the hardware game for a few years and don't know what's hip these days. My currnet system is dying on my and either crashes to blue screen with an IRQL error or won't boot and just beeps. video card is newish and hard drive as well so I've come to the conclusion it's time to rebuild the other compononents.
here's my tower
Chaintech VNF4 :: AMD 3200+ winchester
PNY 9800 GT :: 4x512 Kingston value ram pc-3200
250 GB Seagate barracuda :: Soundblaster audigy 2 zs
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 :: Antec Truepower 430 W

So basically a new mobo, processor and memory are needed I think, and in turn perhaps a power supply. think I can get away with the current case.

I don't need anything super high end and I don't overclock so really a no frills system that will last and be quick for every day use since I really don't play games like I used to. I also have no preference for for AMD or Intel so whatever is recommended.

Again emphasis on the cheap, my budget is as low as it gets but still good enough to improve my dying system

thank you

For Price/performance they are orihS Shiro's build is good and really cheap because you can keep your current ddr2 ram with a 780 chipset. If you have a bit more cash i would advise upgrading to a phenom x4 and a 770 chipset motherboard.

Yea well I think the problem is partially with the RAM anyway so that will be replaced. Thanks for the help when I have some money i'll post what I get.

Also instead of me making a new thread i'll just post this here. The problem with my current computer has been crashes to blue screen with either an IRQL error or PFN LIST CORRUPT. Now In the past this has been fixed by cleaning out any dust from the case, re-seating ram and so forth.

Now the computer will boot, go through the first 2 screens but never load windows. It will not beep, or reboot itself just sit there on a blank screen.

This has gotten me fed up and why i posted asking for advice on a new system in the first place. Can anyone help me out here? thanks again

Ok here's an update so give me some input on this please. My budget is 300 bucks for ram, processor and motherboard. However let me know if you think i'll need a larger power supply over what I currently have. My video card is a 9800 GT energy efficient version.

I play games sometimes (not as much as I used to) so the focus now is less on graphics power and more on a responsive quick computer that can multitask well. (quad core should help with this correct? and should I go for 6 GB of ram or is 4 enough?)

Here's the potential upgrades (mostly just copied from someone's recommendations in another thread)

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Newegg.com - MSI 770-G45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

Will these new parts work with my currently existing things I won't be changing? (Case, HD, video card, sound etc)

Will I need a new larger PSU?

Is this the best I can get for around 250-300 dollars? Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom