Alternative to the iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
I saw this recently, and if it's going to be released in Q3 or Q4 of 2010, than it should really be an interesting alternative. I'm not sure how seamless the interface would be, but interesting nonetheless.

Microsoft's Courier 'digital journal': exclusive pictures and details (update: video!) -- Engadget

I'd really like to have a competent tablet like this as an alternative to a notebook. Netbooks are just smaller, truncated versions of notebooks, and if i'm going to compromise speed, it better be **** small.

I'd love to have something like the Courier or an iPad, if only it had a full-blown OS, or an OS that was powerful enough to where i could do more than surf the web. I want it to at least be able to read PDF's.

At least the courier seems like it would be able to sync easier to a PC...

I'm at school doing research and i find some good articles, just cut them out, and send them over to my computer at home so then i can just pick up where i left off when i was at home.

There will be loads of iPad copy's, and undoubtedly some of them good. The best bet for you is the HP Slate, which will have full Windows 7 onboard and has attractive looks. Not sure how big it is though.

May i just warn you, i can almost give you my personal guarantee the iPad's capacitive touch screen will not be beaten with it's response and accuracy. They are using the same technology that's in the iPhone.

Take a look at this;

20100324-touchscreen.jpg

That is a picture of a robotic arm drawing straight lines across all them different phones screens. The results speak for themselves.

Though i have to admit, when i saw that courier tech a while back - it looked really good, and i'm quite interested in getting one when they are released.

Holy cow! the Droid's awful!!!

Have you even tried to use one? they're really not that easy.

The Google phone's not boad, nor is the palm pre, but **** that iPhone is nuts.

I'll take a look into that HP slate..

Never used one.

Despite my geekiness and my love for learning the technicalities of nearly all the gadgets i own.. i dont think i could ever use another phone now i've had the iPhone. I picked up the iphone and could use it perfectly in minutes, other phones i find myself learning it literally for weeks and weeks after. Yes, i love apple :D But i am a poor man and can only afford a windows pc :cry: Well thats a lie, but i spend to much times on games for Mac's to be useful to me, despite my lust for one (they look so nice, right?).

I own both a Droid and an iPod Touch and i really can't tell a difference in their touchscreens...they are both highly responsive and i've had no problems with drawing applications on the Droid.

yeah we sell the droid and i looked at one in a verizon store when i was last there, and it totally agree, it's not an iphone. The thing about the iphone is that it's seamless, the droid is not seamless.

back on topic, the HP slate looks really cool, i really hope it's quick, imagine being able to run chrome or firefox, and be able to do anything you would normally be able to do on a PC, except for games. I could open PDF's (which is imperative for me) i could shoot pictures, put them onto the slate, and edit them! holy cow!

One thing that I do find interesting though is 3G support. Granted, it's not the fastest, but if I were to own a slate PC, i'd want 3G support because if there's no Wi-Fi, at least there's 3G unless you're in bumble**** new mexico.

I've never owned a notebook, and have no intention to, if I were to carry a computer with me, i wouldn't want it to be bulky like a note/netbook, having a slate that could do most of what the notebook could do, or at least the important things. is really important.

I think the iPad is officially pwned. The HP is faster, has more features, loads more apps, and is only slightly more expensive.

Technically faster, but its unlikely it'll respond faster. Seeing as my quad doesn't respond as quick as an iPad on windows 7 :p

Inbuilt Apple A4 chip = super leet efficiency on apple OS ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom