Serious Net issues but its my PC only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeeRoMaKi

In Runtime
Alright first off I'm already down $85 for getting the internet tech out here and it's clear it's my PC, not the internet or router but let's start off with the problem.

Problem: After about 2-5 minutes of being on the internet, the connection "drops" I dissconect from things like games/vent/aim. Then a 30-60 seconds later all works fine again and it reconnects. Has been going on for about a week now, No new programs and no new games either also this never STOPS happening.. it's consent and I can make it d/c by running multiple online things. (For example opening up to vents and having IM open. Which normally would be fine till last week.)

Things i've tried and haven't helped:
1. Called internet company, got tech out here the line is perfect, I also have a laptop if you run the net through the laptop works perfect, once my computer is on through the modem or router the computer dissconnects and will even lock up the other pc's net that are on the router. So because he thought it was the modem, I had to pay for this new modem even though it didn't help..the *******s.

2. Ran ALL anti virus and anti spywear programs I had then UNINSTALLED them incase they were the issue. Never found ONE problem they found before uninstalling them no viruses no spywear even. I Ran Avast, Search and Destory, Windows Cleaner, CC Cleaner, HouseCall anti virus. Windows defender. Not ONE THING was found wrong. and I run defrag every Wednesday. Even right now windows firewall his NOW disabled to try to figure out the problem.

Yesterday the problem seemed to have gone... untill today..again. What did I do yesterday that made it so I stoped D/C'n? I removed Search and Destory bot. and suddenly I was staying online, but not perfectly.. I was geting HUGE lag spikes about every usual 2-5 minutes but it wasen't enough to DROP me.. but now it's droping me again today, NOTHING has changed.. NOTHING I am in a serious bind here cause I've run out of ideas. Please someone help me with some ideas to try.. I REALLY want to stop a full system wipe because thats 700gb's of stuff I'm losing with no where to put it.. That and I'd have to find my vista CD which I have no clue where it is.. *sigh* Please help!

Here is my dxdiag just incase it helps anyone figure out my issue. seems like my dxdaig is to long to post.. if you need it let me know I'll find a way to get it up here. I am in serious need opf help though.. Thanks.

btw i'll be here at like all times refreshing for another few hours because.. i got nothing else to do on this computer and..trying to find all my hardware cds incase it comes down to a full system wipe :(

still dying for help please this is an issue I can't figure out and nither could the cable company guy tho he knew nothing about computers! I can't find my vista cd or cd key im kinda panicing! need ideas and help please! :'(

Can you plug your laptop into this exact same line that you normally have hooked up to the desktop, and see how the laptop runs on the same line. Just trying to eliminate everything but the desktop itself, make sure you dont have a bad Cat5 line, bad router port, etc.

Could check DHCP settings on router and desktop and make sure its not trying to obtain a new IP every 5 minutes or something. Ususlly DHCP issued address will stick for a day or two before it obtains a new one.

This sounds like a pretty **** strange problem.

Im just takin a shot in the dark, hope someone with more knowledge will come help you!

Can you plug your laptop into this exact same line that you normally have hooked up to the desktop, and see how the laptop runs on the same line. Just trying to eliminate everything but the desktop itself, make sure you dont have a bad Cat5 line, bad router port, etc.

Could check DHCP settings on router and desktop and make sure its not trying to obtain a new IP every 5 minutes or something. Ususlly DHCP issued address will stick for a day or two before it obtains a new one.

This sounds like a pretty **** strange problem.

Im just takin a shot in the dark, hope someone with more knowledge will come help you!

Yes we have done that I should of clearified in my first line I guess. it IS the PC. Not the Router or net. 100% sure . and the tec had me do something in the windows IP settings to automataicly find ip adress so "i think" that has been tried and no help.. and should also add..i been using this net for 5-6 years with no issue like this before..like i said started about a week ago.. no new programs no new nothing..just suddenly started happening.. sigh.. and it's driving me nuts.. even trying to sit here refreshing the page sometimes doesn't work I get the old "server not found" because I'm "dropped" from the net. and this is a BRAND new router that I clearly didn't need so ..router / modem is def out of the picture..

dl and install the newest drivers for your ethernet card or onboard.

try a different cable in case the one you are using has gone bad.

If those do not work your Ethernet adapter is probably going bad.

but if the cable was going bad would it really lock up the other computer's internet too?? but I will try it. Edit: alright switched cables and it's still d/cn.. so not the cable..

also how do I figure out what ethernet onboard drivers to DL?

It may be the network chip going bad. Do you have access to a pen torch or reflow station? I don't see how it would work one minute and fail the next due to a software problem. Unless the drive itself were going bad, and then you'd have issues other than just the network.

You can get a PCI Network card most anywhere for $5-$20.

Also, you can find your onboard network adapter drivers on your motherboard manufacturers website.

no no access to any of that.. thats what I said.. that it can't be my issue i think ima call them cause I can kinda stream movies just fine even on this computer but as soon as i try to browse the web + chat on aim or vent or something is when it seems to kick me or on games ..it's like if my bandwith suddenly got cut to like 0 and i can hardly do anything but one thing at a time.

well i replaced the ethernet cable and pci card but that didn't help either.. found the vista cd so just going to reformate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom