TEC Liquid Cooling Enthusiast Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daibido1123

Solid State Member
I'm looking to build a Raven rv01 modded computer case enthusiast gaming rig. Problem is a matter of heat and cooling. I was looking into a TEC liquid hybrid cooling system. Just in case of it being an unknown, its where a heat sink uses both the TEC method of cooling and a Liquid heat transportation and dissipation method. The problem is I can't find any prefabricated Heat sinks for CPU socket LGA 1366, or for any GPU's, specifically the Fermi GTX 480. If there are none, that it becomes a matter of making the appropriate heat sink, which with liquid cooling in the mix is unwise; so if I need to make this hybrid, where do I get the a base plate and a large enough TEC pad to put between the Liquid cooling heat sink?

Why not just go High-End water cooling? TEC's are typically VERY inefficient and are very difficult to setup.

So unless you are an advanced user and prepared to spend LOTS of money, I wouldn't do it; just go with a high quality WC setup.

Gota say Im with Burn on this one. And why get a GTX 480? There 6 months late for the fight and overpriced compared to the competition. And run like a space heater. Oh wait... now I get why you want TEC.

But really, I dont think a TEC setup will give you much advantage over a good water cooling setup alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom