$ 1600 budget for new pc

Is this a good build for a noob to get into high performance PC with on his first try

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOOB GO HOME (No)

• Not bad but there is better you can do with $1600, give or take. (please post those options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@slaymate
if those cooling way is not recommended or something ermm what do you recommend for novice then? :) just wondering coz am using h50 and looking for another cooling to replace it.

i5 750 is great in my opinion coz this is my current processor :) hehe...

@slaymate
if those cooling way is not recommended or something ermm what do you recommend for novice then? :) just wondering coz am using h50 and looking for another cooling to replace it.

i5 750 is great in my opinion coz this is my current processor :) hehe...

I don't recommend water cooling for a novice mainly because of the expense and the possibility of damaging your components if improperly installed. If you do want to watercool then I suggest conversing with a member like Burn who keeps up to date on the technology.

As far as Air Cooling, it all depends on your budget and what you expect to achieve.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1792653 said:
Reasons I dog the Corsair H50:

Heatsinks and fans don't do that.
Ever.

Even if that guy is a rare case... To me, taking that risk isn't worth it.
Ever.

So what your saying is your against water cooling in general, not just the H50. I would think the H50 would be much less prone to leaking since it is a factory sealed unit and has to pass QA before it leaves the factory, compared to a home built water cooling setup where theres plenty of connections the user makes himself.

It seems to me you guys are dogging on it more because its something new and different, rather than you actually have real facts against its quality or performance. If your gonna argue that it may leak, well ANY water cooling setup has the possibility of leaking, but not many of them come as a factory sealed system with a 2 yr warranty... The only air coolers that truly outperform it are the top of the line air coolers, which all cost the same or usually more than the corsair unit.

It's not so much the leak part for me. It's all internal, and you don't really have control over it. Plus it blocks your rear exhaust fan, which can kill airflow. With a solid heatsink (TRUE, Megahalems, Noctua 14, core contact, hyper 212,) you're paying less, (minus the megahalems, but they perform better so) and you get about the same cooling. You also get something that can't really fail, and something that doesn't lose value much.

Plus a lot of us just like hands on the stuff, a premade water cooler is just lame. I'd never buy one out of principle alone, even if it was 2-3c better and costs only slightly more. Though to people who don't know much about computers, hearing "water cooling" automatically means 1337 leetness computer...

What control do you want? The only control you have over an air cooler is fan speed, you have the same control with the H50 also. It is not ment to replace full blown water cooling setups where you have "control" over what pump, radiator, tubing size, etc you use. Think of it more as a high end air cooler.

It hardly blocks your rear fan, yes you will lose a little CFM from the rear exhaust, but what case are you using that only has a single exhaust fan? If your building a rig that needs above par cooling, your porbably not putting it in a case with ONE exhaust fan. If anything you gain more airflow thru the case because the unit takes up so little room, you dont have a massive chunk of metal in the center of your case radiating heat. With the H50 all the heat from the CPU is blown straight out the rear of the case, giving you overall lower internal case temps. With an air cooler its gona leave the heatsink and swirl around inside the case a little before it is actually exhausted, raising internal temps.

And no, I dont think my computer is "1337 leetness" because I have "water cooling". I really dont think of the H50 as a true water cooling setup, I see it more as an affordable, simple, well performing alternative to a massive chunk of metal in the center of my case.

Dont get me wrong, I would love a nice sexy pure copper CPU cooler, like Slay's TRUE. But for $80, the H50 was more appealing to me, and I didnt have to lap it to get good performance out of it.

I think you guys need to be a little more open to new ideas and technology. And quit bashing something so hard that you have never even used.

So what your saying is your against water cooling in general, not just the H50. I would think the H50 would be much less prone to leaking since it is a factory sealed unit and has to pass QA before it leaves the factory, compared to a home built water cooling setup where theres plenty of connections the user makes himself.

It seems to me you guys are dogging on it more because its something new and different, rather than you actually have real facts against its quality or performance. If your gonna argue that it may leak, well ANY water cooling setup has the possibility of leaking, but not many of them come as a factory sealed system with a 2 yr warranty... The only air coolers that truly outperform it are the top of the line air coolers, which all cost the same or usually more than the corsair unit.

What control do you want? The only control you have over an air cooler is fan speed, you have the same control with the H50 also. It is not ment to replace full blown water cooling setups where you have "control" over what pump, radiator, tubing size, etc you use. Think of it more as a high end air cooler.

It hardly blocks your rear fan, yes you will lose a little CFM from the rear exhaust, but what case are you using that only has a single exhaust fan? If your building a rig that needs above par cooling, your porbably not putting it in a case with ONE exhaust fan. If anything you gain more airflow thru the case because the unit takes up so little room, you dont have a massive chunk of metal in the center of your case radiating heat. With the H50 all the heat from the CPU is blown straight out the rear of the case, giving you overall lower internal case temps. With an air cooler its gona leave the heatsink and swirl around inside the case a little before it is actually exhausted, raising internal temps.

And no, I dont think my computer is "1337 leetness" because I have "water cooling". I really dont think of the H50 as a true water cooling setup, I see it more as an affordable, simple, well performing alternative to a massive chunk of metal in the center of my case.

Dont get me wrong, I would love a nice sexy pure copper CPU cooler, like Slay's TRUE. But for $80, the H50 was more appealing to me, and I didnt have to lap it to get good performance out of it.

I think you guys need to be a little more open to new ideas and technology. And quit bashing something so hard that you have never even used.

Honestly water cooling was invented for heat happy dinosaurs.
We're moving away from that, technologically.
Smaller, energy efficient, and more portable.

Having a watercooler is like having a hood scoop with an air intake on your car.
Sure, it's nice if you need that sort of intake for a turbo setup...
But if you don't have a car with turbo, there is no sense in having that.
AND we're moving towards smaller cars with better gas mileage so there's less demands for power cars like that anyway.

I'm sorry, but until they find a way to stuff a water cooling setup in a laptop or netbook, they aren't going to hold much ground.

I think we're going to get the point where they're going to try and passively cool as much as possible, but I don't think water cooling is the answer to that, probably just huge heatsinks.
And no, not everyone will like the heatsinks...
But with a heatsink, there is 0.00% risk of leak damage.
And I doubt very much that Corsair covers damage to components if the H50 leaks.
Take a look at their warranty information, let me know.
If they do, I'll be sure to install one in every high end system I build, just so when one fails, I can send Corsair a bill.

Thanks guys, I am going to wait for the 6 core processor and a megalhelm (going to see if I can add a couple of 120 mm fans to it), one 5870 and a corsair 700 watt psu. Thanks a lot for all the input guys. :D

@slaymate

my budget for air cooling is around £60~80 and slaymate your just using air cooling with those OC'd rig of yours, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom