Looking to get First CPU cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer 7 zip ;) WinRAR is kind of obtrusive if you ask me. It adds like 7 items to the context menu. :tongue:

Will be getting back to this. Just been really tied up the last few days. Thanks for the input so far.

EDIT:
Okay I have finally gotten LinX installed on my computer. What settings do I need to set everything at in order to get an accurate test? I don't want to mess something up. :silly:

I have no idea if I did this correctly. Right before I took the screenshot, my temperatures on the first column of the core temps were reading about 70. Then they just shot down to 50. That happened a few times within that 2 and a half minutes.

Yep, you did it right.
Only thing is you need to let LinX run longer, bump up the Memory setting a bit and let it finish then post another screenshot.

I have no idea if I did this correctly. Right before I took the screenshot, my temperatures on the first column of the core temps were reading about 70. Then they just shot down to 50. That happened a few times within that 2 and a half minutes.

That's normal, the temperatures always drop down for a few seconds in between the runs. You definitely need a heatsink before doing any overclocking.

This is a decent budget heatsink.
Thermalright CoGage True Spirit 4-Heatpipe Core i7 CPU Cooler (Socket LGA 1156** / LGA 1366) - FrozenCPU.com

or this one, it also needs a Skt 1366 retention bracket.
Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer Universal CPU Cooler (CR-CCTF) - FrozenCPU.com

Sunbeam LGA 1366 Core i7 Socket Retention Bracket Set (CR-LGA1366) - FrozenCPU.com

Those are the best choices in the $40-$50'ish range. If you want to spend more let us know :D

FINALLY got around to doing this. So WITHOUT overclocking or doing anything do my temps look okay? I wan't to start in a good place before I mess with anything else. I also want to keep my case really cool, especially since I'm about to add another GPU, and will be looking more into this overclocking stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom