Video Card Testing software -- Yes this problem is still haunting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the only thing you HAVNT changed is the CPU. Is the CPU overclocked or anything? Have you tried down clocking it and see if you still get random BSODs?

Also as someone else mentioned, have you tested voltage on the PSU? As you may already know if your not getting proper voltage to components or are having random sags in the voltage, it will give you BSODs.

It sounds like youve already eliminated heat/dust, but thats always something to keep in mind.

I am not over clocking the CPU. However I have put back the orginal heat sink, and i have been playing Borderlands with every thing maxed out with out a single BSOD now.

However if the problem does happen again, I will be RMAing the CPU (some thing I rather no do as it will mean downtime).
What I might do is run Speed Fan and play Borderlands (or some thing else) for about 10 minutes and look at the tempurature graphs.
Then put in the old aftermarket heatsink, then play Borderlands again for 10 minutes and compair the temps.

[EDIT]Considering that I have just been able to spend the last 5 hours or so playing Borderlands with the settings maxed out and not one single BSoB, I think I am convinced that it was the CPU heating with the aftermarket heat sink[/EDIT]

Sounds like the only thing you HAVNT changed is the CPU.
Worked fine all afternoon while I was playing Borderlands. However just as I was burning a DVD, the problem come back again. :rolleyes:

You might be right. Might be a faulty CPU as that is the only part that I have not changed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom