Project i7 930

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually slightly dissapointed, I expected to hit 4.2GHz w/ HT but I figured it would probably run hotter than I liked. Instead it looks like 4.125 GHz w/HT is all it's got. Then I actually got a little excited when it ran LinX at 4.3GHz with HT disabled at 63.5300 GFlops, but that quickly dimished when it started BSOD at 4.4GHz. It's just a step behind the 920 at everything I try.

Don't get me wrong thou, for the price the 930 is still a very good cpu, but I'd buy the 920 1st if it's available.

Looks like it yeah. Still, you haven't taken the cpu vcore very high yet
Go 1.4v ftw!

+1 What's up with the wimpy 1.33 vcore? Moar! 1.45v at least

edit: Why do you have your VTT so high? 1.53v seems WAY too high... Intel's absolute MAX spec is 1.55v btw

I have my phenom II 940 at 1.36v... I always thought the i7s used a lot more power or something.

I've pumped up the vcore to 1.4v already and it didn't help, if anything it crashed faster. And if it runs at 4.3GHz with HT off at 1.3375v I shouldn't have to jump it up to 1.4v to go a little higher. I'm going to bump the vcore up to 1.35v and start bumping the BLCK up by 1 and see how close to 4.4GHz it will get.

Edit:

@ Burn. So far +275mV is the Max. I've set the cpu vtt. I'm not sure why it's reporting the voltage that high, unless it has something to do with using (2) 8-pin mobo connectors.

Well the highest I've gotten the 930 to successfully run LinX is 4.357GHz with no HT @ 1.3625v. And I made a SuperPi and Vantage run.

4357nohtpass.jpg

4375vantage.jpg

4357pi.jpg

And while it won't pass LinX at 4.4GHz it will run SuperPI. Maybe I can get in the 8 second range :D

9130pi.jpg

Wow, I don't think anyone can beat you anymore :p. Very impressive on air too, ever think of breaking out the phase again? Or is it not even worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom