"OVERKILL 922"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it would act as insulation, but you dont cool your case by heat transfer thru solid panels.... you cool it by moving air thru it. Come on guys, little common sense?

Thank you Tro :thumbsup:

The CM 500W PSU arrived DOA. ...Booo! I sent the CM PSU back and ordered this 550W OCZ "Fatality Edition" PSU. The purpose of the PSU is to power led fans and lighting while the case is displayed at Stompfest. Mnpctech assumes no liability for this OCZ PSU after it's served this purpose. (Contact that Wendal kid if it fails..j/k)

Newegg Link,
Newegg.com - OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

fatality550.jpg

The deadline to finish "Overkill 922" is this Thursday, so it can be debuted at the Stompfest LAN Event this weekend,. April 10th - 11th. The final stages are custom paint, custom cable sleeving, sound insulation foam, Enermax cooling fans and Mitron Noise Isolator fan controller.

We thought the custom paint should incorporate some Sci-Fi elements with the "SF" logo from Stompfest with some Industrial cues, like this Yellow & Black Hazard area painted over the top panel of the HAF 922.

HAF_coolermaster_paint_case_pc_mod_mnpctech1.jpg

HAF_coolermaster_paint_case_pc_mod_mnpctech3.jpg

HAF_coolermaster_paint_case_pc_mod_mnpctech6.jpg

I disagree, The Yellow & Black looks awesome!

It's been a crazy week. I'm still waiting on parts to arrive in time before Foamy picks up the case Thurs and heads to Indianapolis for Stompfest this weekend. If you missed it, The Mod Brothers did a special Podcast on LAN Gaming and Stompfest. Guests included myself, Brad Smith begin_of_the_skype_highlighting*****end_of_the_skype_highlighting and Jay Albecht of Stompfest, Jeff Hendricks, Ric Mirto, Patrick Martin discussing the upcoming Stompfest and LAN Gaming. You can download it here or subscribe in iTunes here.

Brad and I loved the idea of Yellow & Black Hazard areas on "Overkill 922" and notice that the recessed notches in the HAF are shadowed as well.

We needed a character that embodied the hardcore LAN Gamer. He knows how to build a killer system. Enjoys annihilating Noobs on their inherited Emachines. He likes getting jacked up on Caffeinated Energy Drinks and junk Food. You get the idea... Thats how we landed on the implementation of this "LAN Terminator" dude with the "SF" logo craved into his skull. Hes surrounded by circuits hardwired into the system inside. People should fear the guy that walks into future events with this case.

HAF_coolermaster_paint_case_pc_mod_mnpctech5.jpg

HAF_coolermaster_paint_case_pc_mod_mnpctech2.jpg

HAF_coolermaster_paint_case_pc_mod_mnpctech7.jpg

HAF_coolermaster_paint_case_pc_mod_mnpctech8.jpg

HAF_coolermaster_paint_case_pc_mod_mnpctech9.jpg

Check out Brad's airbrushed Red and Blue Glowing LEDS, and conduit tubing à la H.R. GIGER.Disagree.

Yes, very awesome indeed! I'm actually loving the industrial caution look with the yellow and black striping. Those fan grills are just sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom