new budget!! $2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as far as graphics cards, one is fine, two is finer. But two cards dosnt really give you 2x the graphical power, closer to 1.7-1.8x I hear. A 5890 is more or less two 5870's built into one card.

You will need to find the proper motherboard that takes an i7 (socket 1366), DDR3 RAM, etc. Someone who knows more about Intel boards than me can probably point you in the direction of a good one.

Cant go wrong with 2 samsungs, are you looking at the XL2370? I just bought a 2350, very pleased with it.

Well as far as graphics cards, one is fine, two is finer. But two cards dosnt really give you 2x the graphical power, closer to 1.7-1.8x I hear. A 5890 is more or less two 5870's built into one card.

You will need to find the proper motherboard that takes an i7 (socket 1366), DDR3 RAM, etc. Someone who knows more about Intel boards than me can probably point you in the direction of a good one.

Cant go wrong with 2 samsungs, are you looking at the XL2370? I just bought a 2350, very pleased with it.

there's no such thing as a 5890, well atleast not yet. i think you're referring to the 5970 which is the only 5xxx series dual-gpu card that is out right now.

don't go with 2 low-mid end cards from the beginning of your build because that kinda leaves you with no real future upgrade options for gfx cards.

if you're debating between 2 low-mid end cards vs. 1 higher end card, get the single higher end card because that will leave the option of adding another one of those cards later on.

there's no such thing as a 5890, well atleast not yet. i think you're referring to the 5970 which is the only 5xxx series dual-gpu card that is out right now.

don't go with 2 low-mid end cards from the beginning of your build because that kinda leaves you with no real future upgrade options for gfx cards.

if you're debating between 2 low-mid end cards vs. 1 higher end card, get the single higher end card because that will leave the option of adding another one of those cards later on.

Agree with Muffin Man, one higher end card over 2 lower-mid end cards any day.

Also thanks for correcting me, I was refering to the 5970. Not sure where I came up with 5890.

humm.. I see wat u saying..

can u guys put a link or just give me the items that u would built?

I keep seeing new stuff and im going crazy..

if budget goes over $2000 and stays under $2300 i think i'll be okay.

if u had the money how and wat would u like to built..

I think this way would be more easy for me the cave man..

Thats a bit on the expensive side.

Could go for something like this, which is similar to Tro's build, but with SATA 6.0gbs hard drive, air cooling, different case, different ram and a bigger hdd.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2MH080G2R5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - SSD
Newegg.com - ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER CM690 II Advanced Black Steel body / Plastic + Mesh bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE FM121-B 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Writer - CD / DVD Burners

The prolimatech megahalems end up being about the same price, and they'll out perform the H50 by quite a few degrees. Then the 1tb WD black will take advantage of the motherboards 6.0gbs, case choice is up to you, I like the 690 II advanced since its $100, has a hotswap bay, room for two internal rads, lots of wire management, and its very well built.

Total $1,761.90 , which leaves more room for monitors. Could get two or three and possibly be under 2300 still, and use the 5870 for eyefinity.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, but do you need OS? Win7 adds another $130 or so.

sorry to everyone that gave me advice...

I still haven't decided wat to get and wat to built..

I just cant make up my mind... I know..im picky... but once I built one..or say buy a system.. im going to have to use it for more then 5 years... been using my sony vaio for 7 years.. and switched to xps...xps was a gift..

now im hearing that AMD is selling a chip set? for 1/3 of the price of i7...

y? I dont get it...

my xps just crashed recently and got help from this forum.. now im thinking about selling my xps... and put the money towards my built...

also, wat is a ddr5?

arent ddr3 the new ones these days?

im going crazy....

is overlocking okay to do?

recently just got a alienware m11x... and ive been seeing ppl overlock it to 1.7...

and at alienware website.. they say it can be overlocked to 1.7..

but they do not suggest I do it... I dont get it...

they tell u that u can overlock it to 1.7.. but suggest not to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom