Nero problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copper

Baseband Member
Hello folks.

I need help before my PC meets the outside pavement.

I have Nero 6 Ultra edition, of which I am using NeroVision Express 2 for creating my own DVDÂ’s. But my system keeps crashing.

I have all menus & titles inserted everything is as should be & ready to go, but when I start saving all to my hard drive, after about 30 mins of transcoding / recoding my machine just crashes.

After I restart my machine I get my “Windows Critical Error Crash report thing” when I send it all it tells me is that it was a device driver that caused it.

I am not capturing video from any other source (i.e. analogue), so I have no capture card, just onboard graphics, but would this make any difference to the transcoding / encoding, after all the editing etc is done.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Copper

You do have enought free space for all of the work to happen?
You have to remember that 15GB is ussually sufficent. Also, You might want to look at getting more memory for this.
If you can post the error that is gives. Might help in figuring this out.

Thanks for the reply.

I have at least a spare 140 gb's.

I have just done a fresh install of Windows XP Pro, I no other programmes installed, just Nero 6 Ultra edition, so i plaenty of room.

I did the fresh install just in case it was windows giving me the problem.

Here is the error log .............

:amazed:

if you have that in a file, please post it as that. easier to read...
anyway can you pull the eventlog for the application and system logs. Save as a CSV and then post that or PM me with it.

Hi Inaris

Thanks for the response.

Sorry i was not aware i could post the log as an attachment in here, thats that now on and my previous post edited :eek:
How do i manage to pull an eventlog for the application and system logs ? Sorry i am still learning.

vance43211

Thanks for the reply.

I was converting mpeg to DVD, it was put onto my hard drive via a non copyrighted DVD.

Thanks again.
Copper.

you can go either to the mamagement console or click start then run and type eventvwr
that will open the eventlog.
Then select Application from the 3 logs available and click file, save as, select the type at the bottom, CSV is prefered and then name it something and save it. Repeat for the System log.
You can email it to me if you wish. PM sent.

how did you convert it to mpeg?

try ripping the dvd with dvd decryptor or smartripper. then use nerorecode to encode to dvd. it use less resources than converting from Mpeg

I don't know about nero visionexpress, but in my experience some store bought mpeg converting software, just don't do good on AMD computer's (pinnacle expression just flat out don't work on amd's comp, if the project is longer than 15 min. or so)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom