Oversized card with poor PCI-E layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
Newegg.com - ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

can an oversized card fit in this board at the bottom? I'm testing it right now with my older mobo that has a regular PCI plug at the bottom and it seems like it may be possible but would cut off airflow (because it uses the "oversized" part to ventilate) and it'd be touching the bottom of the case.

Any ideas? Or should I give up on usb 3.0 and go for Newegg.com - ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Thanks!

EDIT: I need 2 PCI ports open for wireless card and sound card plus and 1 PCI x1 for a dial-up modem

im assuming this "oversized card" you speak of is a graphics card, right?

i can't really tell for sure on the first mobo you linked, the p6x58d. if the card is too large, it could block the front panel connections on the lower-right of the board.

if it turns out it won't work with that board, another alternative to your second choice of the deluxe v2 could be this evga
Newegg.com - EVGA E758-TR 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

you could use the top pcie x16 slot for the gfx card, the 2 pci slots would still be clear for use, and you can use either of the remaining pcie x16 slots for your pcie x1 card, since you can use pcie x1 cards in x4 and x16 slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom