Hard Drive Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA II
Optical Drive LG 22X DVD RW SATA + Dual Layer
Video ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB
Audio 8-Channel High-Definition Audio CODEC
Network Gigabit LAN controllers
Ports 12 USB 2.0 Ports
Case Nikao 2750D Roomy High Quality Case
Power Supply 550 Watt Power Supply
Warranty 3 years parts and labor warranty, lifetime toll free telephone support.

or you can check this link: the only think i changed was the grapics card to sapphire 5850 :
AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4G Black Ed. Gaming PC Computer! - eBay (item 250550488125 end time Apr-16-10 21:01:18 PDT)

Why is my computer so loud is ther a way to quiet it down? plz.. i need help.

Well, the noisy sound is not something loose in my computer. The noise sound is more like the video card fan or psu fan idk, i know its a fan. Could my psu 550 watts be to low? Also could having such low watts on psu make my video card not work that good? I have no idea how to tell the psu power and if its the problem but, here is the specs

Specifications
Dual Fan
Model:ATX-550PS
+3.3V--30A
+5V--40A
+12V--24A
-5V--0.5A
-12V--1A
+5VSB--2A

- Heavy duty 550 Watt of Power
- Dual fan for better performance, more reliability and longer life time.
- Second fan will help cool CPU.

you can apply gentle pressure to the center of the fan to make it stop spinning. it shouldn't damage the bearings or cause it to overheat so long as you don't press too hard or hold it too long. if you can stop a fan and it stops the noise, you've found your culprit.

Yes, but what can i do to make the system more quiet? Also do you think the 550w is enough power? if you have the time could you give me a list of cheap easy ways to fix this issue- i only want to spend like $50-100. It seems like i need to ethier cool down the system or buy a new psu. idk what to do any help would be very nice! thx :)

Yes, but what can i do to make the system more quiet? Also do you think the 550w is enough power? if you have the time could you give me a list of cheap easy ways to fix this issue- i only want to spend like $50-100. It seems like i need to ethier cool down the system or buy a new psu. idk what to do any help would be very nice! thx :)

that would depend on which fan it is.

I was looking at the eBay auction link you gave and that PSU looks like a cheap off brand. 550W should be okay, but you should look into a brand name PSU. The PSU could be the source of the noise I don't know. I noticed the PSU has a duel fan and that could produce more noise. Can you see a brand name on the PSU? You have a really good system and I would not chance it on a cheap PSU. Also did you check the link I gave you on making a computer more quiet? Here is some links to good power supply. Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - Thermaltake TR2 TRX-650M 650W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Really, how noisy is it? Does it keep you awake at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom