Graphics Performance List

put one end on +12V, one end on ground.
Easy to do with the molex connectors.
Also, unless you're measuring the 110/240V inside the PSU, you're not really risking yourself.
You can only risk your PC components if you short something you shouldn't - But then, if you have a good PSU, it'll protect things from shorts anyway and shut down instantly (I know my Corsair TX-750 does)

Okay well i really am not very clued up about electronics.

So, how do i know which is +12v. And what can i use for ground, the metal pc case ?

And even when i get this right - what am i looking for, a value close to 12v as possible ?

Molex connectors have +12V GND GND +5V in that order
When my GTX470 arrives (I really want PhysX) i'll try it on this same 650w PSU, i was going to buy another £20 800w PSU. But with the massive increase in wattage required compared to my 4870, it should start to struggle. But i'm going to try it just for interests sake.
You could just use a 5850/5870 + GT 240 (using hacked drivers to enable PhysX on the GT 240)
Nvidia tries to disable PhysX when a non-Nvidia primary card is being used even if you have an Nvidia secondary card (which is just silly), but you can easily workaround that.

It's two-generation's-old integrated. It's essentially the least powerful GPU from about three years ago.

Back
Top Bottom