new budget!! $2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniperm

Baseband Member
back again!!

my budget just went up to $2000.

I couldnt post on my old thread so im making this thread.

I have a xps 720 right now and I would like to upgrade it...

Im going to use it for Gaming and stocks.. also, I want all the bling bling with performance... liquid cooling, led fans,big ram,etc..

would I be able to put everyting together by my self? im complet newbie with computers...

my computer skills... example.. if somethings wrong.. I just turn it off/on..:grin:

also, looking to upgrade my monitor.. im using a Lg flatron...old..

ive been looking at samsungs new led monitor any advice? looking to spend $600~$800 on monitor.. this is not included in my built budget..

any advice would be SUPER HELPFUL so plz help..

Thanx forum!

That's a lot of money to spend on a monitor you can get a good monitor for $300-$400.

A decent water cooling setup will cost you around $300.

That leaves you around $1700 for the computer. That's enough for an i7, 6gb memory, a 5870, and an SSD.

Good Luck.

Oh yes Eyefinity would be the bomb diggity but it will cost you over a grand to do that including monitors, gpu (it's not worth doing with under a 5870), and Active DP adapter. That eats up over half the budget there so not sure if you could an i7 but an i5 maybe..

That's a lot of money to spend on a monitor you can get a good monitor for $300-$400.

A decent water cooling setup will cost you around $300.

That leaves you around $1700 for the computer. That's enough for an i7, 6gb memory, a 5870, and an SSD.

Good Luck.

would all this fit in my xps case? could u give me more detail on wat to get?

do I buy this stuff all at newegg?

so this is wat I need right..

1. water cooling

2. i7

3. 6gb ram (im guessing DDR3?)

4. 5870 ... (wat is this?)

5. SSD.. (solid state drive?)

6. need led fans..but not sure wat would fit..(i know.. i sound like a r!cer for computers... but I want it...)

7. I can use my cd driver in my xps?

8. power supply?

9. internet card? (I use a cable..but some times i need unplug it so my wife can vacume the carpet..)

ah..forgot wat graphic cards do i get?

^ Ah yes, good idea James. He can even try to get an Eyefinity setup going.

If you get three 23" monitors it could cost you as little as $600.

Something like this:
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG P2350-1 Rose Black 23" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 50000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors

Or, see if you can get one with a smaller bezel.

multi-monitor FTW. $2k will go pretty far for a custom build too.

Oh yes Eyefinity would be the bomb diggity but it will cost you over a grand to do that including monitors, gpu (it's not worth doing with under a 5870), and Active DP adapter. That eats up over half the budget there so not sure if you could an i7 but an i5 maybe..

I do need at least 2 monitors... but 3 would be for later when i really start trading.. for now.. one or 2 monitors would do the job..

I would really suggest you get a new case rather than try to use your old XPS. Especially seeing that your budget is $2000. Youll also have a better bling factor with a nice case, rather than a Dell.... I think trying to water cool in that would kinda be a pain. You could get a nice full tower that is already designed for water cooling for $100-200, and would probably come with an LED fan or two... Personally I would build a complete system rather than trying to cannibalize your XPS, just keep the XPS as a second rig or maybe sell it. I would shop Newegg and Amazon for parts, between the two they seem to have the best prices, and can probably get most of your parts with free shipping.

I would go for:
i7 920
Motherboard (someone more in the know than me can probably help you with specific model)
6Gb DDR3 1600 or 2000MHz, depending on budget
ATI 5870 or 5890(if you can find one and it will fit the budget) (this is the GFX card btw)
SSD (also if it will fit in the budget)
HDD for storage
DVD-RW Drive
Power supply, probably 600-750 watt for single GFX card, 800-1000 watt if you want to crossfire/SLi
Internet card, are you talking about networking/Ethernet port? Any motherboad you get should have this already.

I would really suggest you get a new case rather than try to use your old XPS. Especially seeing that your budget is $2000. Youll also have a better bling factor with a nice case, rather than a Dell.... I think trying to water cool in that would kinda be a pain. You could get a nice full tower that is already designed for water cooling for $100-200, and would probably come with an LED fan or two... Personally I would build a complete system rather than trying to cannibalize your XPS, just keep the XPS as a second rig or maybe sell it. I would shop Newegg and Amazon for parts, between the two they seem to have the best prices, and can probably get most of your parts with free shipping.

I would go for:
i7 920
Motherboard (someone more in the know than me can probably help you with specific model)
6Gb DDR3 1600 or 2000MHz, depending on budget
ATI 5870 or 5890(if you can find one and it will fit the budget) (this is the GFX card btw)
SSD (also if it will fit in the budget)
HDD for storage
DVD-RW Drive
Power supply, probably 600-750 watt for single GFX card, 800-1000 watt if you want to crossfire/SLi
Internet card, are you talking about networking/Ethernet port? Any motherboad you get should have this already.

I was thinking about the same getting a new tower..

I see some cool tower at Mcenter..

Is one graphic card okay then having 2 ?

I mean having 2 is just a waste of money?

all those stuff above.. do I need to find the stuff that work together? or does everything work with anything..?

btw, im thinking ill just go with 2 samsung new led monitors... wat do u think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom